Thursday, September 3, 2009

Luna and Michael

Luna is Full and I'm watching the Michael Jackson funeral on telly. Feeling still and involuted. The Full Moon seems a good time for interment. Interesting thing, this vicarious grief; this collective sobriety. Why do so many of us feel like we lost someone we knew? I never met the man. I have met several people who knew him well. My own burial arrangements are for a less illustrious area of the same Forest Lawn site. But I had no interaction with him other than to sing to his music and dance to his tunes. Why this connectedness? I think it's evidence of the Universal Spirit that binds us all and of which we are all ultimately a part. A ripple on one side of the water is felt on the other. Even though we may never have been aware of him, we feel the absence of his energy on this plane. He has moved on. We remain.


Tonight as I go out under the Moon for my ritual work, I'll look up and maybe there will be an extra sparkle. RIP Michael.

1 comment:

  1. Someone asked about the photo. It's a vista of the Pacific Ocean taken from the grounds of the ashram at the Self Realization Center in Encinitas. I took it about a year and a half ago.

    ReplyDelete