Sunday, August 23, 2009

Bedazzled!

The Gem and Crystal Faire was stunning! Room after room after room of sparkling stones and bustling crowds; the place buzzed with happy energy. It was indoors, but had a bazaar like feel: amethysts from Uruguay, lapis from Afghanistan, silver from India, larimar from the Dominican Republic…. Booth after booth of exotic wares and sellers!

This assemblage was geared toward the jewelry maker and crafter, so there was a prevalence of booths with strung gemstones… tables deep with amber, coral, turquoise, garnet, jade, pearls, and carnelian strings. I longed to dive into them like a bath, or at least run my arms through the piles like a pirate with a treasure chest.

More to my practical taste as a magical homemaker were the raw mineral sellers and their arrays of globes, palm stones, tumbles, and raw points. I wound up purchasing a lovely ruby fuchsite palm stone. Once I figure out the camera Tina has loaned me I shall post a picture. It is the most beautiful apple green with ruby… and exudes a vibrant hopeful energy! My cats are all over it still.

The lads selling the fuchsite were very jolly, and produced a tray of iced cake balls they had made and gave us each one after our purchases. I shall now call them the Cake Ball Miners and visit their shop up in the Inland Empire area of Southern California.

My favorite find was a stunning quartz point array tucked back at a booth in a remote room. It is about eighteen inches long by about eight inches wide, and has many, many, many quartz points of all sizes emerging from a matrix. For Lisa Williams fans: it looks a lot like the quartz point array she has in her office in the first season of Life Among the Dead. Talk about energy! I held my hands over it for a time and the energy was like a million little acupuncture needles striking me. Tingle! I heard Vincent Price’s voice in my head: “the tingler!” (I hear Vincent a lot, so get used to it because you’ll read me referencing him and his films from time to time). At $4,000 the array will have to wait for another time.

Interestingly, the event was held at the Scottish Rites Center here in San Diego. Translation: the Masons: the modern descendants of the Templar order. As we meandered through the hallways we looked at the cases of hats and aprons and tiaras and various regalia of the organization. It reminded me of the Old Testament references for gemstones and the high priests. (Exodus 28:15: “And thou shalt make a breastplate of judgment…”). Those ancient cultures had it going on too! They recognized the influence of crystals on the human energy field. Why else give detailed proscriptions for breastplates with gems for each tribe of Israel, to be laid out in a precise manner? Oh I hope The Naked Archeologist has a show on the Breastplate of the Ephod! Or a reprise of Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure, where the priests demonstrate for the high school audience why they inlaid the gems in such a way, and how the energy of crystals assisted them in their spiritual rites.

Ah… now I must get back to the practical world and work on some legal stuff this Sunday. But my mind remains bedazzled by the faire. If one comes near you, go – you’ll find some wonderful little thing to add to the energy of your home. And maybe the Cake Ball Miners will be there!

When a diamond is set in a golden ring, it looks very nice. The gold is glorified and at the same time the diamond is glorified. The Lord and the living entity eternally glitter. And when a living entity becomes inclined to the service of the Supreme Lord he looks like gold. – Bhagavad Gita.

No comments:

Post a Comment